Featured Post

Welcome to the blog!

Hi!, I started this blog quite selfishly and yet not. I had just become a new mum and I needed a space to air out my thoughts. I’ve neve...

May 30, 2014

An Ode to Single Mamas

So many times during the last few months I've sat and wondered just how the single mommas do it all by themselves.
I have to admit i have the most loving, hands on husband ever.
After my cesarean i found myself barely able to walk,
zombified because of lack of sleep,
unable to turn to pick baby up by myself to put her on my breast..
i couldn't even dress myself without quite a bit of pain.  He stepped up. Without my husband I dont see how I would have suvived without desperation or sinking into some sort of post natal depression. 
Even when i got the hang of  things I couldn't wait for hubby to get home from work  so i could hand him the baby!
I think single mums must have some superpower of some sort.
They manage to have a baby,
work off the baby weight, Cook, clean house, attend appointments on time and basically raise a whole child AND they make it look easy because the ones i know never complain!       
so right here..right now ..i proclaim single mommas..super mamas :)
you all inspire me to juggle motherhood and wifehood better.

Ps -Single Papas you guys are beyond amazing too not to worry you will get own post soon, promise:)

No comments:

Post a Comment